Powered by Blogger.

Fun, Fun, Fun, 'till Daddy Takes the T-Bird Away...

Friday, May 7, 2010

CrossFit is fun. Right?

In recent weeks I have found myself stressing about my CrossFit workouts, getting uptight when they didn't go as planned, and being downright crabby when I miss a workout. In fact, it was getting to the point that I was stressed pretty much all the time. Now, lets be honest...some of that stress comes from the fact that the Hells Half Acre Regional Qualifier is coming up in 3 weeks! Yet, I still felt like the stress was taking over my preparation for this important contest.

Finally, early this week, in a conversation with a great friend and training compadre, I realized that if I really wanted to succeed at Regionals I had to get back to why I started CrossFit and why success in competition has come my way. I was taking the fun out of my workouts, out of my training, and certainly out of the BCCF community. I spent some time reflecting this week and have made a steadfast decision that CrossFit will become fun again. I will enjoy every workout (even though it might not be until after). I will forget about the pressures of competition. I will recognize why we all do CrossFit in the first place: for FUN!

cg

3 comments:

Kimberly Walling May 7, 2010 at 3:31 PM  

Fun, Fun, Fun... Thanks I have forgotten this also

Unknown May 9, 2010 at 12:26 PM  

that being said, you may also add that "I will no longer propose a wod and not do it", only to watch someone else suffer. Had fun though!!

Unknown May 11, 2010 at 7:58 AM  

I am so freakin jealous. Good luck at Regionals I know you will do well!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

CrossFit, Nutrition, Strength and Conditioning, Sport Specific Training, CrossFit Games, Personal Training, Underground Training, Athletes, Bayou City CrossFit, Pin Up CrossFit, G6 Fitness

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP