Powered by Blogger.

Can you believe it?

Monday, January 17, 2011

Yup...3 weeks, 3 blog posts. I'm proud of me.

I'm not sure January can get much better. Weeks 3-4 you better bring it, because weeks 1 and 2 pretty much whooped ass.

Let's re-cap:

1. Our new sister affiliate to Bayou City CrossFit, Pin Up CrossFit is thriving! We more than doubled the number of lives we get to impact every day this month and look forward to more in coming months. Remember we're offering FREE 9:00 a.m. Saturday WODS each week until further notice. This Wednesday 1/19 has been declared Pin Up CrossFit Facebook day! Show your love for Pin Up CrossFit via your status to get the word out.
2. Main Site WODing. Holy crap. I didn't realize I had it in me to crank out some of these WODS. I love battling through the workouts with Vic, Andrew, Kris, Katie, Shelby, Kirk and others on a daily basis. Every day brings new thresholds, accomplishments, and a feeling of near death.

3. Back to the good stuff. Vic and I had the opportunity to head up to Austin last week and get some Oly training with USAW Senior Level Coach (that means badass is CrossFit terms) Ursula Garza. I've been slacking on my Oly training the past few weeks, but am ready to recommit to some serious weight lifting in the coming weeks.


4. Chipping away at my resolutions. Go to church? Check! Went to church on Sunday for the first time in longer than I want to admit. Loved it. Period.

Take care of myself? Check! Went through an hour of pain and torture with Kristen from Human Body Development. Gulp. She said she went easy. Bigger gulp.

Catch up with old friends? Check! Headed to Kansas this month and to Mexico in April. This has to be the most fun part of my resolutions!

I have to admit though - I'm going to take some responsibility for the great start to the year. When working in education, the phrase "make it a great day or not, the choice is yours" was thrown around a lot. A little cliche? Maybe. But it sure does hold a lot of truth and I'm working to apply it every single day...what about you?






cg

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

CrossFit, Nutrition, Strength and Conditioning, Sport Specific Training, CrossFit Games, Personal Training, Underground Training, Athletes, Bayou City CrossFit, Pin Up CrossFit, G6 Fitness

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP